Monday, March 16, 2009

Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum.....
While I was on my blogging vacation last Fall, I made a little roadtrip to Alabama and The Barber Museum there.

Myself, ReTodd and NotGinger made the trip and it was one heck of a good time.

The place is absolutely amazing. More cool shit than you can shake a stick at. Everything is top shelf and laid out nicely and immaculate. The grounds, track, everything.

The sheer number of cool bikes and cars is incredible. Plan on spending the day to really get the most out of it. The staff are all friendly and will answer any questions. I spent a few minutes talking to Mr Barber (Though I wasn't aware of who it was at the time) and he was cool and answered my questions.

I would have liked to go down and check out the shop area, but that was off limits to mortals. From what I could see, it was cleaner than my kitchen.

Here's a few of the 200+ pictures I took -




The layout and displays are nicely done.



Here's the "Daytona Bank" display-







Cool old Crocker racer here.









Probably a good idea-









Maybe a few more later.
This should be a "Must Go To" trip if you like bikes at all.

So if you get a chance to go - Do it.