Friday, November 27, 2009

Did Ya Ever Wonder ?????

Just HOW close you can get to really laying a hurtin' on yourself while using a chainsaw?
Me neither till a little bit ago.

About this close.

Yep, that puckered me up just a bit!

Just barely nicked the skin.

Whew!!
I'd have had to sew myself up right here at home rather then go into work and have my coworkers laugh at me.

Thanksgiving may have been yesterday, but I'm thankful I didn't take a divot out of my leg. A chainsaw ain't exactly a "Fine cutting instrument" and can make some nasty ass messes when you put them in the wrong place.

Needless to say, I decided that was enough lumberjacking for today!

I did see a sign that Winter will be here any day. There are hundreds, if not thousands of Sandhill Cranes heading South today. Hugh flocks followed by more. Incredible.

Whaddah you mean you don't know what a Sandhill Crane is? They are one of my favorite sights in the Spring around here. They fill the fields and make a G-d awful racket for a week or two and then move on North. Seeing them in the numbers I've seen the last few days can only mean that Winter is not far off.


No idea where this was taken but that's pretty much what they look like in Spring just around the corner from here.

Gratuitous Picture for a Friday Afternoon-