Friday, April 16, 2010

Some Garden Stuff Etc.............

Started transplanting the Strawberries today. I got a pretty early start despite having worked till midnight last night.
Darn good thing too.

I only got 2 beds worked in and planted before it started raining. That was probably a good thing as my back is killing me.
Damn, it seems like every year it gets a little harder for the body to keep up with what the brain says I should be doing.
I guess I should be be happy that I can get out there and do anything at all. I see people all the time at work that are younger than me who would be happy to be able to do as much as I do.

Of course they weigh 400+ lbs and ride a scooter around when they go out to WalMart.

One of the good things about getting out and working in the garden is you have lots of time to think while shoveling dirt from from one spot to another.
In my case, I've never been one who was accused of "to much thinking" and maybe it's not such a good idea.
Having said that, it's nice to be out there without a lot of distractions. It's good for your head to be able to just think like that.

I'm a bit behind the power curve this year on things and should have been eating fresh salad things by now but I just haven't been as motivated this Spring.
I didn't start any seeds inside this year and haven't planted any outside yet either. That's sort of unusual for me as I ordinarily would have lots of things started already.
I do miss having a fresh Spinach salad though so I'm gonna have to get in catch up mode next week.

Gotta do my usual weekend shift the next 2 days so Monday is gonna be the soonest I can get going. Let's hope that the weather doesn't go to shit.

Y'all have a good weekend and get out and do something.

Gratuitous Picture for a Friday Night-