Monday, March 27, 2006

Latest BSA News .........

Roger, The Brit Guy who is helping me get the Beezer up to speed called me this morning. Bad news. The rear hub is dicked up and needs replaced.
Bummer. But all is not lost. Roger had a spare conical hub and wheel that he levered my new tire onto. He says I can use it till I find another. Not bad, 'eh?

I found one at a place I've ordered parts from in the past and just said, "screw it" and bought it. Pretty nice of him to let me use one of his though. It was pretty reasonably priced for the hub and a decent rim all laced up, so I can't really complain.





Seems that someone had dicked around in there and got shit ass backwards, which resulted in the wheel bearings being able to slop around and wallow out the hub. I hadn't noticed any sloppiness while riding it before, but it was only a matter of time, so it's a good thing he found it now. God Love Him. That could have been a very unpleasant surprise if shit had let go up at speed.

This is a good example of why it's been money well spent to have him help me out. I hadn't gotten to checking wheel bearing yet (I've only put about 1000 miles on it) and probably wouldn't have for awhile yet.

Yeah, my Garage Ninja is weak yet, but the learning curve is not quite as steep as it once was.
Blogger is being all weird about posting pictures right now so I can't put any cool pics up. Maybe later.

OK, Blogger seems to have fixed it's picture problem. That's me making sure it's only the contents of my wallet that's getting smaller.