Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Yer Unk Goes to the Movies .....

"The World's Fastest Indian"

Bad behaviour and poor choices by previous generations of my family, allow me to give this film 3 thumbs up!!!


I finally made it to see this movie!! It turned into a major undertaking, but it was definitely worth the effort.

Anthony Hopkins stars as Burt Munro, a New Zealander with a dream of taking his 1920 Indian to Bonneville.
This is a great movie. If you're a motorcycle fan, you'll love it. If you're NOT a motorcycle fan, you'll love it. My wife loved this movie. Guys, take the wife and or girlfriend and fear not.

Hopkins, as usual, is wonderful as Munro. I'm sure there are liberties taken with the details of the story, as there are in all "Based on a True Story" type film. Who gives a shit? It's a very entertaining film about a very cool subject.






The movie had a pretty small initial release and trying to find a place closer than 75 - 100 miles from the "GrumpyUnk Command and Control Bunker" had been a problem. Finally, last week, it opened at a little Art House Theatre very close to home. The only problem? Unk wasn't close to home. But, Unk WAS on vacation. So no problem right? Wrong. The Yahoo movie finder failed to mention that the theatre wasn't open on Mondays. Queen Buffness and I drove 2 hours to find that out. Arrgh!!! Oh well. We made the drive again 2 days later and did get to see it, so it all turned out ok. Like I said, I was on vacation anyway. It's going to be playing thru Thursday this week and I may well go see it again. You should do likewise if you get a chance.

here's a link to the IMDB site that has more info and lots of linkage for you.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0412080/