Monday, October 30, 2006

Bad News for You Pink Plastic Flamingo Lovers .........

The makers of those cheesy, Pink Plastic Flamingos are going out of business. Union Products Inc. has been making these things since 1957. I had no idea they were manufactured in Massachusetts.

There are a shit load of these damn things stuck up on fenceposts out around the barn here at the GrumpyUnk Command and Control Bunker. The Plastic Flamingo thing got started as a joke about 10 - 12 years ago and got carried away. There's a neon light Flamingo on the other side of the room here and a damn Flamingo is painted on the friggin' mailbox out front. There's Flamingos all over the damn house.

Did I tell you the whole Flamingo thing got carried away? No, REALLY SERIOUS LIKE carried away.

Have no fear. I'm sure someone will pick up the slack and start making Pink Plastic Flamingos for the faithful again. Because WE damn sure will have to have a few more.

Note: I have a couple of cool Flamingo pictures here, but either Blogger or my shit-ass connection won't let me load them. Damn, this crap is driving me nutz.