Friday, March 16, 2007

Yeah, I know it's been a Week ..........
Since I last did anything here. Maybe the 3-4 of you have missed me. Maybe not.

Lot's going on here at the "GrumpyUnk Command and Control Bunker" as of late. It was 75 degrees out for a few days. I was busy.

I did a bunch of needed maintenance on the BigBluePlasticBike and rode some. Didn't ride a lot, but I rode some. My hand is still giving me some grief, so anything longer than 75 miles starts to get painful. But with a short break, I can resume for awhile.

Movie Revue - "THE 300".

TherapyBoy, the 1st born son, came over the other evening and dragged my lazy ass off to the movies to see this.

My Opinion? SEE IT.

I'm not a big fan of the type of cinematography involved with taking a Comic Book and translating it to film, as was done in this film. If you saw "Sin City", you know what I mean. But it worked OK here and didn't detract anything from the overall film.

I love the story. It has everything going for it. Being very familiar with the actual event this movie is based upon, I was ready to be disappointed. Yeah, there is a bit of artistic license taken at points, but it was OK and didn't detract any from the film. Real hero's, displaying all the traits that seem to be missing, or worse, looked down upon nowadays. Yeah, I liked it and will probably go see it again.

Overall? Just go see it.

Then go get a copy of "Gates of Fire" by Stephen Presfield. You'll really like the book. Same event in novel form. Very, very good. Maybe one of the best books I've read in last ten years.

So there you have it. The 300, is definitely worth spending your money on. "Gates of Fire"? Go find a copy. You will not be disappointed.