Monday, June 08, 2009

Monday Mood .........
Started kinda cranky today. Things have improved as the day got along.

Surprisingly, I managed to accomplish a few things today. Having worked 4 days in a row, something I try to avoid, I got my shit together and put in a good half day of work in the garden. Overdue and needed, too.

The damn weeds will over run everything if you don't stay on top of things. Started mulching the heck out of things so that now I can keep the weeds to a minimum.

I've got a lot of work getting things up to speed. Most of this garden is on it's first year and the soil just sucks. The old parts are pretty good as they've had a shitload of compost added in the years prior to the layoff. The new stuff is nasty and is gonna need a lot of work.
Hey, it gives you something to look forward to.

I've already figured out that what I thought was gonna be a good size for the garden is really gonna be to small.

I'm figuring out the best way to expand it now. Best not to rush into things.
I need room for a good Strawberry patch, corn, more beans (I have 3-4 types I want to grow), more Asparagus, and a good row of Rhubarb.

I have the next 4 days off, so I should be able to get a lot done. Hopefully, I can get lined up with the HorsePoop guy this week too.
I'm gonna need as much as I can can get to get this soil worked up to where it should be. Adding these kinds of things is an ongoing job and there really is no such thing as to much when it comes to Poop.

I'd like to get some time in on the BigBluePlasticMotorcycle this week too. I need some fossil fueled therapy.

Gratuitous Picture for a Monday-
Poster from 1917 that is applicable today