Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wet Wednesday ......

Lots of rain today. The Interwebz were not accessible most of the morning. This satellite setup doesn't do heavy rain clouds to well. I kicked around the garage some and cleaned some shit up and generally just stumbled around in circles.

The Sun finally broke out about 3:30 or so and I made a run to town to get my glasses ordered. Yeah, even with bionic eye implants I need glasses for closeup work. I've been getting by with some cheap WalMart reading glasses but they really don't cut it.

Even using my old frames it's costing me an arm and a leg. Lordy, everything is so damn expensive anymore.

The air conditioning unit went on the fritz too. The repair guy thought that it may have been what was causing the heating problems last Winter that he couldn't find. He's getting the parts and will be back soon to install them and bust my wallet even more.

I'm slowly getting nickled and dimed into the poor house.

Oh well. I could do without AC myself, but the Wife wouldn't be fit to live with if I told her we weren't getting it fixed till we needed the heat come Winter. That would never fly. At least until the cost of energy gets to prohibitive and then there will be a reassessment.

Not just at my house. A couple of years of this new proposed, Cap and Trade System is going to send energy costs through the roof for all Y'all.

Better learn to like it.

I'm hoping to have some wood heat to supplement things until they come after that too as they have already in California.
Global Friggin' Warming don'tcha know. Remember who said he was gonna kill the coal industry during the campaign? I'm betteing he keeps that promise.

On a lighter note. Check this shit out -


The cloud with no name:

Is that some crazy looking shit or what?

There's a couple of other pictures at the link if you like this one.

Gratuitous Picture for a Wednesday Evening-
Good advice, but who thought that was a good idea anyway?