Thursday, November 12, 2009

Can't See The Forest.....
For the trees I planted today.

My order arrived today and after the wife relieved me from Baby Doodie I went out and planted trees.

I'm gonna have quite a little orchard here before long.

The first bunch I planted this Spring did ok, but not great.
I attribute that to the fact that they shipped them here during the 1st or 2nd week of February when the ground was frozen solid.

Had a few that just never took off and that's a first for me.
Being the dumbass that I am I didn't pay attention to the exchange policy until it was already to late to get replacements from them.

My bad. Those cheap trees just got more expensive in a hurry.
I was pissed about the shipping anyway so I wasn't gonna order from them again, but the ridiculously small time window on exchanges pissed me off further.
It was plainly posted on their website, so I got nobody to blame but me. But it would be nice to be able to blame someone else.

We'll see how this bunch does when Spring gets here. I anticipate they'll do OK. I spent a lot of time prepping the planting spots.
The old saying, "Dig a hundred dollar hole for a 2 dollar tree" is true.

Over the years I've left a lot of trees at places that I've lived. That's a good thing I guess. I know the guy who's living at my last place is enjoying it.
I'm not leaving here till they cart me off in the box.
Well, that's the plan right now anyway. Time will tell.

All in all, a good days work.

Gratuitous Picture for a Thursday Evening-
"Dude, don't do it!!!



More how it should be-