Friday, August 13, 2010

That Looks Just Like Your Motorcycle.............
Except it's.......... CLEAN!

Or so said the Wife today. It was ANOTHER 98 degree day out there today and after picking Tomatoes for canning I headed into the garage to be out of the sun.

I had dropped the new front tire off along with the wheel at the tire guys yesterday and picked it up this morning early. I was dicking around and doing 3-4 things at the same time while I was putting the wheel back on the BigBluePlasticMotorcycle and things were just not going well.

None of the things I was trying to accomplishlish were really going as planned and with the heat, it was 92 degrees at 10:30 this morning, I was getting a bit testy. No, I was bitching and complaining pretty good.

Decided to just quit bouncing around from one thing to the other and focus on getting things done one at a time.

Good call that was. Once I knocked out the little shit I whipped the wheel replacement out and realized that it didn't seem quite so hot when I was working on one thing at a time. SCIENCE!!!!!
Amazing. I've only removed & replaced that front wheel a dozen times since I've owned this bike. Geeezuzz. This ain't rocket science.

I was done being out in the Sun at this point and since I had all of the Plastic off of the Motorcycle I got the can of PLEXUS out of the saddlebags and started cleaning things up.
Plexus is the best thing ever in getting bugs off of your bike. I have know idea how it works but it just sort of, melts bugs off and you wipe them off from there.

Totally cool.

I sat there in the garage and did about as good a cleaning as I ever do on things and spent an hour or so cleaning the BigBluePlasticMotorcycle up as I put each piece of the fairing back on .

Darn glad I only have 2 pieces of chrome on that thing. I average cleaning this thing about once every 18 months and ride a shit load of gravel roads and through a lot of mud so you can imagine what this looks like regularly. I like to think of it as a, "Working Mans" look.

I could never own a custom chrome cruiser bike because of how it would look after a few months of my riding and cleaning habits. I'd be better off with taking a rattle can of flat black primer and coating everything as soon as I got it home from the dealer. No way in hell I could keep all that chrome clean and shiny. just would never happen.

The wife canned a couple dozen jars of Tomatoes and I got things squared away on the bike. Win all around.

TherapyBoy, that's the eldest son, came by and took me out for dinner later.

Perfect. Just what I needed.

Gratuitous Picture for a Friday Night-