Tuesday, December 21, 2010

And My Lumbar Spine Says, "Thanks!"...................

To the little Tractor.



Hooked the Snowblade on and cleaned the hell out of some snow today. With the snow we got last night, there was 8-9 inches of that nasty white shit that needed to be moved.

I basically had no idea of just exactly HOW to use the rear mounted blade so it was a bit messy at first. The 3 point hydraulics are kinda weird and take a bit of getting used to, but it didn't take long and I was moving snow all over the place in a right proper manner.

Ordinarily, I'd be out there with a damn shovel for 2 days just getting the drive in front of the house cleared. I cleared that, my parking area behind the house and all the way out to the barn in only a few hours!

Hot Damn, Skippy!!

And now that I know what the hell I'm doing it'll be less than that next time.

I need to find a plow, disc and a post hole digger for it this Spring. A roto-vator would be a God send, but that may be hard to find and to much money even if I did find one. Oh well. It's a process and we'll just keep trucking along.

So, YerUnk had a good day clearing snow around, "The GrumpyUnk Command and Control Bunker" today. I hope y'all had a good day too!

Gratuitous Picture for a Tuesday Afternoon-