Friday, April 15, 2011

Shed Roof is On.........

My 2 boys came down and helped me put that heavy ass barn door up and in place. With 3 people it was a snap.

20 minutes and it was nailed down and done!

It started raining just as I finished securing it and that kept me from putting up the last of the bracing. No big deal. It's plenty secure and ain't going anywhere.

I centered it up so the trapezoid effect of being 3 1/2 inches out of square is not quite as obvious, but it still chaps my ass that I screwed up the layout.

Oh well. Nothing to be done for it now.

I talked to my neighbor about some metal sheeting laying out at his place and he said it's mine for the taking. Only problem is it's laying in about 3 feet of water right now and has been there for 3 years. It's gonna have to dry out and it's still gonna be a job getting it out. It's basically one wall of his pole barn that blew down in the same storm that took the door off my barn. The plan is to use most of the sheeting as roofing for another wood shed right next to this one. I still have a big pile of 4x4 posts and big framing lumber out in the barn so, just like this shed, rafters, bracing and concrete will be all I need to purchase.

Lord knows I have way more wood cut already than will fit in the new shed.
Ha, having too much firewood is the kind of problem I like.
Did the math and the wood burner saved us approximately $800 bucks this heating season. Obviously, my labor isn't counted against that, but what the hell, the exercise alone counts as a plus too.

I've been dealing with a low level headache for the last few days and it finally blossomed into a full blown migraine this afternoon. Damn I hate that.
Had to break down and dig into the leftover pain meds from my foot surgery. I hate those damn things, but sometimes nothing else will work. So if I'm rambling here, blame it on the meds.

Hopefully things in the garden will dry out enough to get going some more there next week.
We'll see.

That's enough for now. Staring at this screen is not helping my headache.

Gratuitous Picture for a Friday Evening-

Sing it with me - "These are a few of my favorite things...."