Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I May Be Wore Out Now.........
But this is gonna be worth it come next Winter.

I've spent the better part of the last 2 days splitting wood. After last week, cutting up that Huge Maple, I was wore to a nubbin' before this project started.

Not to worry. I've split a shitload of wood this week already and will be moving on to this pile tomorrow I hope-

This pile has had 2 more good size trees added to it since this picture was taken, too.

What I've split the last 2 days?
Maybe 1/4 - 1/3 of what's in this picture.

So I've got my work cut out for me for the next week or 2.

I'm hoping to get the bulk of the Garden in Friday. Not sure how I'm gonna do that yet. Everything is still wet as hell.

I cut some grass today and even in the areas that are normally good and dry, I was coming close to getting stuck in the mud.

Can't say it enough. Damn glad I ain't a Farmer. For those of you so inclined, you may take note of this and plan ahead. Commodities that include corn or wheat are gonna be rising even more than they have already. Think about that and do what needs to be done now. You'll be glad you did later.
A full pantry is soon to be worth a lot more than money in the bank.

Well shit, I wanted to show you some pics of things but I'm having trouble getting pictures from the phone to the computer.
Maybe tomorrow.

Update- Got a few pics. There's more but you can get an idea of how much wood has been split this week already. Not bad for an old guy.



There's 2 more piles like this also. LOTS of wood.

Gratuitous Picture for a Tuesday Night-