Thursday, September 08, 2011

Save Some Money...............

Read an interesting post about low cost ways to stock up on food and things you need at The Survivalist Blog today.

"Ten little known ways to save money when building your survival food storage stockpile"-
"For a while now, I’ve been stocking up on food and drug store items. For me, it started after hurricane Ike. I got a taste of what it’s like to live without electricity and have all the grocery stores and restaurants around me shut down for several days."

You don't have to be a Doomer to want to stock up on things. In fact, that's how everyone did it not that many years ago. Panties were a regular part of life and folks kept enough on hand to be prepped for the unexpected emergency, etc.

So don't let the evil, "Survivalist" label scare you off from reading this and saving yourself some coin.

I'm not familiar with "Couponing" these days, but it seems like a good way to stretch your money if you get organized. Seems there's a TV show about it, but since I don't watch TV, it's unlikely that I'm gonna learn much from that.

Google, Couponing and there are a shit ton of sites that should help US get it figured out.
I'm all about saving money anymore so it's something I need to look into.

Be sure to read through the comment section at the link above too, there are several good sites for good deals mentioned. Some I knew of and some I didn't.

Here's a few just to check out along with what's in the article.

Deal Extreme

Slick Deals

Merit Line
I've used all 3 of these and not had a problem BTW.
Feel free to add your favorites or other tips in the comments.

Gratuitous Picture for a Thursday Evening-