Wednesday, January 04, 2006

BSA Revival is Getting Set in Motion.......

Between the overtime and the Christmas bonus at work, I've been able to squirrel away enough cash to get the Bezeer project going again. Hopefully (Key Word), I can get it over to "Rodger the Brit Guy" in the next week and get things rolling again.

Knowing how these projects go, I hope the wad of cash I have is sufficient to cover what I need. This thing needs a lot of little shit I'm to ignorant about to do right now on my own. My learning curve is still pretty steep at this point.

I'm hoping that if I start now, by Spring this thing'll be back to road shape. It's been in need of a lot of little shit since I got it. I've been doing a little at a time. Time to get help on sorting out the carbs and the forks.

I've got to figure out my tank dilemma too. The tank leaks. I tried sealing it with POR15. Didn't work. Don't ask me why, 'cause I followed the directions to the letter. It's been brazed in the past and I'll probably have my Brother (Surlys Dad, Chief) have a crack at it. If it can be fixed, he's the guy who can do it.

I've also been looking at a used UK Breadbox tank. It's pretty pricey, but would look good. Solo seat, old style aircleaners and replacement side covers ....... and on, and on and on. That's how this shit goes I guess.

But it's gotta run first. So, that's the priority at this point. This is the funnest Bike to ride. With forks that hold oil and the new springs in them it will be even more fun. I've got the parts already for that. Rodger has the special tool needed to change the fork internals. He's the go to guy at this point. Hoping to get it over there either Friday this week or first thing next week.

We'll keep you updated. Maybe some new pics soon too.
Yeah, this is a motivational text for me as much as anything. Whatever works, right? Later!