Friday, August 25, 2006

Old Racers - Jim Redman .............

OK Chillin's, I promised a bit about Jim Redman When I put up that great photo of him here. Really great photo I should say. One thing you notice about all the great racers, no matter what they race, is the intensity.

OH hell, I'll put the photo up again so you don't have to go clicky-clicky with the mouse thing. No need to thank me. It's what I do for y'all.



Not the kinda look that encourages debate, eh?

Hell of a rider. 6 FIM world Championships. 6 Isle of Man Wins. 45 GP wins. Not to shabby I'd say.

He won the 350cc World Championship 4 years running from 1962 - 1965. Oh yeah, he won the 250cc title in 1962 and 1963 at the same time, by the way.

His Isle of Man victories? He won both Lightweight and JuniorTT classes 3 years in a row. 1963 - 1965. You seeing a trend here?

My favorite is the 1964 Dutch TT, where he won the 125 - 250 AND the 350 races on the same day!

What a Stud. Here's a few links to follow to read up on this guy. Wikipedia
Isle of Man TT site

2003 Article from Rubber Mag.com

Think you'd like to own one of his Works Honda Race Machines? Check this shit out - October 22, 2006 Auction Yeah Baby! Probably the only RC 164 Works Racer in existence. It'll probably be cheap enough that I may go buy it myself. HAH!! I crack myself up sometimes.

More on the Auction and bike here

Here's his Homepage

Good article here you should read

See the Guy doing the wrench work? Nobby Clark. I've heard of him for years, but don't know very much about him. Seems to have worked with a whole lot of fast guys. I'll have to do some look see about him. Should be interesting.

Notice the extensive and luxurious factory support area they're in there? Damn, how things change.