Sunday, September 03, 2006

One of the Benefits of Working in the ER ...............

Is knowing the traffic cop who pulls you over by his first name. Got tagged by the City Police for going to fast on the way home from work about 45 minutes ago. OOPS. Only going 8 mph over the limit. They have a special holiday traffic program and he told me he had to at least write me a warning. No problem. He was almost apologetic about it.

That's the first time I've been stopped in a long time. I've dodged a few by knowing and working with the Boys in Blue over the years. The fellow who got me tonight has helped me wrestle more than one drunken jerk in the ER.

The only problem? He ran my license and the folks in the ER probably heard it on the scanner.

They're gonna dog me about it tomorrow. Oh well, that's the kind of problems to have.
It can always be worse.