Monday, December 04, 2006

My KungFu is Strong. Hah!!!!!!!

Strange morning indeed. Went out to take care of the Chickens and here's what I collected -






Once in a great while you'll get an oddball egg like that little one. Generally it's from a hen that's just beginning to lay. These girls are 2-3 years old now, so I don't know what the weird egg thing's about. How many hits do you think I will get now from people searching for "weird Egg"?




But just getting a strange egg is not why my KungFu is strong today. No siree, that's not at all why. But first a kickass, low budget, Christmas gift idea for the guy who's never quite grown up - Yeah, a SlingShot. About 15 bucks and only 88 cents for a bag of marbles. Equals hours of fun.

I've been playing with this thing for a month or so and average about a bag of marbles a week, so that's some serious cheap entertainment. I leave it out in the garage and when I go outside to smoke, something I don't do inside the GrumpyUnk Command and Control Bunker, I target practice on a small sign out by the road. It's one of those "Do not dig" signs that don't keep people from yanking up the big cable they buried out there a year or two ago.

Anyway, I had just come back from taking care of the chickens and 2 big dogs come strolling across the yard. That's not real unusual out here in the country. What is unusual, is that instead of running off when I hollered at them, they both stopped and growled at me.

Wrong answer.

They were about 40 yards away and I reached over and grabbed the, newly named - "Trusty SlingShot and Big Ass Dog Buster". And in one fluid motion, loaded up a nice cats eye marble and drilled the larger of the 2 dogs in the side.

I friggin' rock. That's all there is to it.