Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I'm Tired........
Damn, I'm gettin' old. Four 12 hour days in a row and I'm crapped out!

That shit did not bother me at all a couple of years ago. I routinely worked multiple 12-16 hour days. My wussy factor is running pretty high tonight.

I remember The Ol' Man (My Father) workin' 6 days a week for years. I don't remember him ever bitchin' about it. I suspect he just didn't let me hear about it. He was an old fashioned, genuine "Tuff Guy". Whining would not have become him.

The ER has been a friggin' madhouse of busy. I will never understand how nice weather brings in more people. One would think that even the Zombies have something better to do than go to the ER on the first string of really nice days. One would be wrong.

I understand the increase in injury's from people getting out and being active. That's to be expected. Hard to fathom that there are some folks who rely on the ER to support their drug habits, weather be damned. Nice weather. Bad weather. Makes no difference.

Oh well. I've really been putting some effort into not letting the Zombies get to me. My new personal policy is this. As long as you don't act like an asshole or give me any shit? I don't care if the Doc gives ya the entire pharmacy. Just don't fuck with me.

There's not a damn thing we can do to deter these Zombie MoFo's from invading the ER and sucking up our valuable oxygen, time and energy. If I get bent out of shape at them who wins? Nobody. I just waste my limited time & energy on them.

I don't know if this is gonna last or not. Or if it's just a response to the fatigue. We'll see.