Thursday, December 17, 2009

Concours Maintenance Day......

Been having a few minor things with the Connie that needed fixing so today I got my lazy ass out into the garage and got after it.

The dimmer switch for the headlight crapped out awhile back and I got one on Ebay for less than 6 bucks. pretty easy fix.

The front brake switch hasn't worked in a couple of years, but I figured since I was gonna be fooling with things electrical I ordered on a week or 2 ago and was swapping it out when I dropped the tiny ass mounting screw.

Damn!
Gone. Could not find it. Do not have a 4mm screw like that anywhere.

Had to drive up to the Kawasaki dealer and get one. The good news? The mechanic just gave me one so they didn't charge me the $45 dollars or some crap that everything seems to cost when you go to the dealer.

Must be the Christmas Season.

Got it fixed though.
I've had a small leak of antifreeze somewhere and found that (while looking for that damn screw) too.
I think it was just a loose hose clamp from when I changed hoses after The Big Blowout!

I hope that's all it is because it's a major pain in the ass to get into it if not.

I'll take it around the block tomorrow (4 miles) and see if it still leaks.
Here's hoping.

Pretty good day though and you can't complain about that.

Gratuitous Picture for a Motorcycle Repair Day-
Jayne Mansfield. Oh hell yes.