Monday, February 01, 2010

This is Why I will Always Have a Job.........

From the Detroit News.com-
Man burned when human rocket experiment goes downhill

"A 62-year-old township man was treated for burns and suspected eye damage after he tried to turn himself into a human rocket on a sledding hill this weekend, police said.

Oakland County Sheriff's deputies responded to the 6000 block of Town View about 7:30 p.m. Saturday in response to a man who had burns to more than 18 percent of his body. The victim -- who had a reputation of doing crazy things at parties, according to investigators -- had made an explosive backpack by filling a motor muffler with gas and gun powder. He placed aluminum on both ends of the muffler and lit it, trying to get a rocket launch effect."

Yep. My job is safe as long as there are folks like this around.

We have a saying in the ER about shit like this. "Don't fuck with Darwin".

I
do have to admit that I harbor a certain admiration for guys who come up with these kinda crazy shit ideas and then actually drink enough liquor to convince themselves that- "I know this may sound stupid but this may just work!!!"

They laughed at Christopher Columbus too, ya know.
And darn if this isn't the first thing that comes to mind.
The Snake River jump was really the first thing, but the only video I liked I wasn't able to embed here.



I loved Evil Knievel & have seen that video a zillion times but it still makes my pucker factor dial up pretty high.

And there's my all time personal overachiever, Lawn Chair Larry

Aim high dammit.

Gratuitous Picture for a Monday Afternoon-
One of my heroes, Gary Nixon doing what he did best.

Going fast.

With the ass end hanging out.

One handed.