Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Garden is Almost There........

The Sun actually came out today! Only for about 20-30 minutes but it was a damn nice site to see.

It's been so wet and gloomy lately the wife has been keeping me on suicide watch.
Not really but it would be nice if it would dry up a bit. I would like to cut the lawn.

The pasture and areas around the barn? It may not get cut again.
That's what happened last year. It never dried out enough to cut. I'm just not gonna worry about it either.

Corn, onions and beans are up. The Strawberries would be producing more if we had some sunshine for them, but I'm gonna have berries, so I don't wish to complain.

Planted more beans, salad fixins and peanuts today. Finished making cages for tomatoes and strung cable for grapes and berries.

It's nice that things are starting to come along now after being behind. I should get some pictures of the chicks for ya. There cute as hell.

The neighbor had an
8'x10' deck that was built across the creek wash out and partially collapse last year. She needed it out of there and I spent most of yesterday afternoon tearing it apart and hauling it off.

Got some real nice treated 2x10's and and a boatload of spindles, decking, etc for the effort. And got to help her out, too.

Next week, if the weather cooperates, the stove and chimney gets set. I'm really looking forward to having that thing in and working.

Busy time of year & that's a good thing.

Gratuitous Picture for a Wednesday Evening-
From The Cliffs of Insanity