Friday, December 24, 2010

Tire Troubles..........

On the Little Tractor. Bah Humbug!

Noticed this morning while feeding the Chickens that the rear tire was low so I cranked it up and brought it up to the house to fill it up.

It was leaking right at the valve core so I got the handy little tool out and tried to tighten it up.....Hmmmm. No luck.

OK, being the anal retentive guy that I am, I want back into the garage and got a new valve core from the official, tire fix-it coffee can to replace the old one with.

WTF? Couldn't get the old one to unscrew out. I then got my fat ass down low enough to take a look into the valve stem and......Aw Shit. The core is broken off in there. Can't get it in or out now.

And there's no way to get air into the damn thing either. Bah.

As you can imagine, this does not make, YerUnk real happy. I guess I'll go out there and try to drill it out and hope I don't goober the threads up while I'm at it.
Wish me luck on this one. I'm probably gonna need it.

Surprise! Surprise! -Went out there and drilled it right out. Cleaned out the rest of the pieces from it, screwed a new valve core in there and filled 'er up with air. Cool. Now I'm ready for the next snowfall.

Gratuitous Picture for a Friday Afternoon-