Friday, March 04, 2011

Learned Something New Yesterday.........
From Gymi at Gymi's Cafe

He had a post with a video explaining how you can get your bike to trip the sensors at the traffic lights. I knew how the system worked, but I wasn't aware that there was a trick to getting the tough ones to switch.



Most of the time my BigBluePlasticMotorcycle has no problem with tripping the sensors at lights, but there's one particular light on my work route that is always kinda finicky and ya never know if you're gonna hit it right. I pulled up and tried it twice and, bingo. Worked both times.

I didn't think to ride around the block a 3rd time and try it centered on the loop instead of right on the wire so who knows, maybe it was just my lucky day.

Not So Gratuitous Picture for a Friday Morning-

Mike Hailwood's ass on a Honda 6 cylinder. This is the view a lot of folks got of Hailwood.
Look at those narrow assed little tires You know they had about the same grip as Semi Trailer Tires do nowadays. But he's got that thing about as far over as the exhaust will allow.

WooHoo!
Photo - Revhead