Sunday, February 27, 2011

Late Night Soul Music........

Heard this on the way home from work a few minutes ago. Hadn't heard this in years and forgot just how much I loved this album & how damn good James Brown was.

Brings back a lot of memories. When I was just a young teen, 13 or so, I had a poster of JB on my wall. It blew MyOldMan's mind. Growing up where we did, the radio was full of great music on the AM dial. That's about all there was back then and when FM came on, that made radio even better.

I've mentioned here before how much influence my older brother Shop Teacher Bob had on me music wise. I'm pretty lucky to have had a guy with his shit together buying all the records and picking the radio stations when I was a snot nosed kid.

OK, long crappy day in the ER today and I need to shower and de-funkify my ass after dealing with multiple variations of The Toxic Avenger or some such shit. Never seen so much concentrated MRSA in one place. Ugh! I almost stopped at the car wash on the way home and paid to have MY ass scrubbed clean. Surprisingly enough, MethHeads seem to have a lot of MSRA. Who would'a thought?

Gratuitous Picture for a Late Sunday Night-