Tuesday, April 19, 2011

236 Years Ago Today.........

The Battles of Lexington and Concord were fought.

Here's a cool little interactive map that summarizes the battle.

I'm sure you're familiar with the first stanza of the Concord Hymn
"By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
Their flag to April’s breeze unfurled,
Here once the embattled farmers stood,
And fired the shot heard round the world.
"

I suppose it's a bit of understatement, but this was kind of a big deal.

It's sad how far we've fallen from the framers ideals when Dickheads like this run for office on a platform to destroy the Constitution.
I guess it's good that he's right up front about it. Even though I disagree with him, I'll support his right to say stupid shit. I sure as hell wouldn't go out of my way to keep him from getting his ass kicked for saying it though. Which I'm pretty sure Thomas Jefferson would have done if confronted with this guys nonsense.
(H/T to- Vanderbough for that article)

One has to wonder what Jefferson would have said about the perpetrators of Another Event - or Two that happened a bit more recently on this day.

Damn complicated world we live in ain't it?

Let's just have a bit of Rory shall we? -
Country Mile-


And what better way to burn up a Country Mile than this-


On on a rainy ass Tuesday like today? Makes me think of this. He lets the band stretch here-


Gratuitous Picture for a Tuesday Afternoon-