Sunday, October 30, 2011

On a Night Like This.............
Is about the only time I ever regret joining the Army and not the joining the Navy instead.

The sky is so clear out tonight you can see a zillion stars.
I stopped the little blue truck on the way home from work a little bit ago in an area that is mostly corn or bean fields with very little light from houses just so I could take a good look at the sky.
Fabulous view tonight.

I've always wondered just how many stars you could see if you were out in the middle of the ocean on a Navy vessel at night. It's gotta be impressive.

I've been way the hell up into Canada and spent some nights on the Grand Mesa in Colorado. But on a night like this, I always want to see the sky the way the sailors did in the past.
Without any light pollution.

It's gotta be something special.

Probably never happen. But then again, my Dad went to his grave waiting to see the Chicago Cubs in the World Series, too.
I figure I have a much better chance of seeing the stars from the deck of a ship out in the ocean than seeing The Cubs in the World Series.

So there's always hope.

Gratuitous Picture for a Saturday Night-