Thursday, June 21, 2007

Happy Summer!!!!!!!!!!!!
Being the first day of Summer I decided to clean out and organize the garage. I have accomplished part of this job so far. Dogboy is on the way to town with a truckload of shit to drop off at the Goodwill. The Tax write off is a bonus.

I've finally been getting in some good miles on the "BigBluePlasticBike" in the last few weeks. I've been using it as the primary mode of transportation. I don't think I've driven my, Little Blue Truck in 2-3 weeks. This is not a bad thing.


I'd like to get the wife out later and take a little ride, but she's not been feeling to well lately.
I did take my friend, Dr Z on a ride yesterday. Now Dr Z is from Syria and had never been on anything bigger than a moped before. But he wanted to take a ride, so I was happy to oblige. I hooked him up with a helmet, jacket and some gloves and gave him the standard "Riders Briefing" and away we went.
He had a bit of a problem with the whole "Leaning the bike over in curves" thing that never really did get fixed. I'm pretty sure he's never gonna own a bike. I'm guessing that he's not all that keen on even riding again. He never did relax enough to just enjoy himself.
I went pretty easy on him too. I only cranked it over good a couple of times and that was to show him that he really wasn't gonna fall over. I don't think it helped. Matter of fact, I may have raised his "Pucker Factor" a bit too much and scared him. My bad.
Oh well. I tried. We did about 100 miles of back roads and he got out and saw a bit of the countryside that I don't think he's ever seen.
I had a good time anyway. And isn't that what it's all about?