Monday, February 16, 2009

The Eyes Have It ......
Cataracts that is.

Going to the surgery center this afternoon and have the first one fixed. Probably schedule the next one then, too.

Bah! As a CELF, (Cross Eyed Little Fucktard) I never wanted to have anyone messing with my eyes again. But you can't always get what you want in life and that's just how it goes.

This will put a dent in the bank account of course. The insurance company will pay 100% (or close to it) if I elected to go with the cheaper basic lens, but to fix the major, bad ass astigmatism I have, I need a special lens that will be $950 out of pocket for me. Ouch and thank you very much.
The funny thing is, by not using the special lens, the insurance company would continue to pay for glasses every year. With this lens, I won't need prescription glasses, only reading glasses I can buy off the shelf at WalMart. Seems like it would be cheaper for them to spring for the more expensive lens now and not pay for glasses later. Especially, since that eye requires a special type, very expensive prescription.

Oh well. I'm gonna go ahead and get the super dooper lens and pay for it myself. These are my eyes and I gotta live with 'em.

The lens for the other eye is gonna be $1950.00 out of pocket for me. Double ouch.

I'm gonna have to pick up a shitload of overtime or rob a liquor store or two I guess.
Again, I gotta live with 'em so I'm gonna foot the extra money.

Somehow.

It'll all work out in the end I'm sure.
Or there are other options to consider I suppose.