Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cell Phone Phunnies..........
Because I am a Friggen Retard and not to be trusted with nice things.

I lost my damn cell phone a few weeks ago. It's somewhere around here, but damned if I can find it. So we put off using the insurance claim to get it replaced because I was pretty sure it would turn up eventually.

No such luck.

The Wife did the follow up claim stuff and AT&T had one at the house in under 24 hours. Pretty good service that is.
Of course, the SIM card that came with the thing is NFG and I have to go to the AT&T store to get it replaced. Not really a big deal, my damn fault anyway.

I was trying to set the thing up this morning and couldn't figure out WTF was wrong and why I couldn't get it to work.
That's not really surprising as I'm an old fart who hates dicking around with this kind of shit even when everything is working right.
My theory is that the Japs are still angry about us nuking the shit out of them in WWII so they make all that electronic shit as frustrating as possible so Grumpy Old Luddites like myself will Stroke Out and die.
Just a theory.
I won't go as far to as to say it's personal.

Yet.
But I wouldn't put it past 'em.

Oh well. I have some running around that needs to be done and the AT&T place is on the way so I can get one of the young'uns there to get the damn thing working for me.
Then I can start replacing all the info and numbers & that will be a treat.

And according to Murphy's Law, I will find the lost phone in a week or 2. After I spend hours of frustration figuring out this new one.

In other news...........
It's nice to see that the Defense Dept has finally gotten it's act together on this topic-





Available for download or reading Here.
H/T to House of Ryoga for stellar work on this.



In Climate News.........

Al Gore????
Kiss my ass you fat bastard.
Who would have thought that that big yellow thing would have any influence on weather?
Earth may be headed into a mini Ice Age within a decade

I hope these guys are as wrong as Al.
Global warming would be a hell of a lot better than another Mini Ice Age.
Read the whole thing.

Gratuitous Picture for a Thursday Morning-

My Guess? He's a Man Made Global Warming Believer.
Who should NOT be allowed to procreate.