Monday, October 10, 2011

Columbus Day Today.........

Back in the old days, we all learned the little, "In 14 hundred and 92, Columbus sailed the ocean blue" ditty.
I have know idea if that is still the case, but I'm pretty sure if it is, there's a different spin on it now.

Whatever.
It's a holiday for a lot of folks and I don't have mail delivery today and that's that.

I believe I am finally shaking this nasty bug that has knocked my Dick in the Dirt for the last few weeks.
"Dear Mr Immune System, I take back all the bad things I said about you recently. OK?"
Good.

No Night Shifts this past weekend! Even though we got our asses kicked, not making the Night Shift changeover was good for me and I feel almost human this morning.

The almost full moon effect was running in high gear last night and really brought out the Friggin' Zombies to the ER.
We were packed to the rafters in Zombies, Zombie Families and Offspring, with the Cops & EMS bringing more of them in on, what seemed to be, a regular schedule all evening.

The good news was that there were not that many folks who REALLY needed Emergency Care. Thank goodness for that. There were a lot of sick folks in the mix who weren't just looking for drugs, sympathy or........... Whatever the fuck it is they come to the ER for.
Lots of odd shit though.

On days like that ya just have to prioritize, take care of those that need it first and drive on.

And say a little, "Thank You" that a Train hasn't hit a Bus full of Nuns and Orphans or some shit like that.

All on all, just another day in paradise.
"It's good to have a job. It's good to have a job. It's good to have a job." That helps some.

If you're not working, enjoy the day off today. The weather here today is beautiful and I may just get motivated enough to get some work done around here.

Or not.
I may just say, "Screw it" and go take TheBigBluePlasticMotorcycle out for a much needed ride.

Later!

Gratuitous Picture for a Monday -