Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Was That a Freudian Slip.............
Or are you just happy to see me??

I totally missed it, but Kerodin didn't-

“I refuse to take ‘No’ for an answer. I’ve said before that I will continue to look for every opportunity to work with Congress to move this country forward. But when Congress refuses to act in a way that hurts our economy and puts people at risk, I have an obligation as president to do what I can without them,” according to the prepared remarks.

President Obama today regarding the non-recess recess appointment. Also, look at that sentence structure - Freudian? "When Congress refuses to act in a way that hurts our economy..."


And of course, this remark refers to ANOTHER Obama Dodge on the separation of powers He's getting so good at.

And since we're speaking of parasites...........

Paco has an interesting link today to a subject near and dear to me.
Colony Collapse Disorder.
Parasitic Flies??
The zombie honeybee apocalypse.
"A heap of dead bees was supposed to become food for a newly captured praying mantis. Instead, the pile ended up revealing a previously unrecognized suspect in colony collapse disorder a mysterious condition that for several years has been causing declines in U.S. honeybee populations,....."

Very interesting story.

More Science News -

Health Story of the Year: Salt Vindicated-
“The vindication of salt is probably the biggest health and nutrition story of the last year,” says Lori Roman, president of the Salt Institute. “Everyone knows salt tastes good, but the latest research published in leading medical journals confirms that salt is good for you, too. The medical studies underline what we have been saying for years: science is on salt’s side.”

I'm wondering how long the science has been "Settled" on this issue??
Somehow, I'm willing to bet these guys will be willing to share their data with others.

Just saying.

Gratuitous Picture for a Wednesday Evening-