Monday, August 22, 2005

This crap is beginning to bother me ....

I posted up the picture of the fullface helmet below the other night. Damn if we didn't get another motorcycle rider w/ a head injury in the ER last night. Young Mister "Up on one" junior was trying to do wheelies on his rocket when it came over on him and he bashed his head. DOH!! This is 2 weeks in a row guys doing dumbass shit w/o a helmet on went out on a ventilator to the Neuro Center. Oh Yeah, gotta love it. Damn, riding a bike is risky enough w/o a helmet if you're just cruising around calm like. Doing stunts w/o a lid on your melon is just crazy.
I'm not at all in favor of the Gooberment mandating helmet use. But that's what's gonna happen if the number of motorcycle injuries and fatalities continues to rise like it has been in the last few years.

Now, if you like to ride w/o a lid, this next statement may not relate to you personally. Or it may. I don't know.

I see a direct connection between riders who ride when impaired and helmet use. Also, riders who engage in really dumbass shit and really risky dumbass stupid shit behavior and helmet use. I could speculate about why that is but I don't really think that's necessary. I guess it's just one of those things that means Darwin was right. But it's also gonna push the Gooberment to "DO SOMETHING" about it. And we all know how that'll help.

So, do the rest of us a favor and be responsible. Don't ride drunk. Or stoned. And ...... well shit, just don't be a dumbass, that's all. And be careful while you're having fun.