Monday, October 24, 2005

Duct Tape. Is There Anything It Can't Do?

Or, How I fix My
$18,000
Motorcycle
with
.50 cents
worth of
Duct Tape!


OK, not posting this to make fun of the good Dr J. Besides, he doesn't read this shit anyway.

No, this is sort of a "Shit Happens" post and picture.

I'm getting tired of the whole day by day trip report anyway. To much like work. If somebody was actually reading this it would be different.

No, this is just an interesting tidbit from day 2. Dr J had a momentary break in his attention span and drove his new BMW into the back of Mr T's bike. Punched the front end in on the BMW and - OK, I'm guessing here but I'm pretty sure - surprising the shit out of Mr T by knocking his ass over in the intersection.

Pretty minor damage all around and nobody got hurt, so we can laugh about it now. OK, Docs ego got bruised but that's not gonna kill him.

Hey, these guys laughed at me because I carry all kinds of weird shit w/ me. The "Emergency Duct Tape" I keep for just such a situation validates my paranoia about these things. I even used one of the "Back up Zip Ties" I carry too!

They don't make fun about that paranoid shit anymore. Not that I make it real difficult for anyone to find shit to laugh at me for.

Duct Tape, once again, holding the world together. I love that shit.