Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Stimulus Bill is Signed and the Dow Tanked.......
in about 25 minutes the Dow dropped 250 points. Please don't tell me that the Wizards in Washington could be wrong about this?

OK, I'm being a wise ass. The latest Stimulus Bill isn't going to change anything at all in the economy short term. It's gonna pound us in the ass long term.

It really wasn't about the economy anyway. It will change a shitload of things in the long run, but the shitstorm that's our economy right now? Not much.

So I would again suggest that you start stocking up on basic necessities, plant a garden and learn how to process and store what you grow in that garden. I'm afraid that things are gonna get a lot worse before they get better.
Do I believe that things will get better? Yes.
When? Who the hell knows?
Are things likely to get worse? Yep. Maybe a lot worse.

I have no idea where all this is headed. Anyone who tells they do know is most likely full of shit.

I've been thinking a lot about this stuff lately and my gut instincts tell me that things are gonna be rough for awhile and to get prepped. I've learned to trust my instincts and act accordingly. Besides, how can you go wrong by having some extra food on hand?

Like I said the other day, I'll be posting a bit more on this topic as time goes on. Not to harp or to be a "Doomer", it just makes sense to be prepared for things.

This is not something I've mentioned here until lately, but it's something we've been doing for quite some time. Not because I think the worlds gonna end tomorrow either.

I've just been remembering a lot of things my Parents and Grandparents told me about today and felt the need to pass this on in hopes that it will help someone.

Think about it and assess your situation. And maybe look back historically for a different perspective.