Thursday, April 09, 2009

Joke's On Me ......
In the comments to the post below, my brother, Chief reminds me of the time he, with the help of Alfred Hitchcock scared me so bad he made my hair stand on end.

It was New Years Eve and he and I were home alone.

Alfred Hitchcocks, "Psycho" was on & We were glued to the old Black and White Emerson TV.

We had both pulled a kitchen chair up about 3 feet from the screen. Chief was leaning on a 2x4 laid across the arms of the chair he was sitting in. the 2x4 was part of a set of blocks that The Ol' Man had made for our little brother who was in bed already.

I had a Grape Nehi in one hand and a bags of Fritos in the other and was totally captivated. I was totally into it. "Oh Norman, you are one crazy ass. Yes."

Unbeknown to me, Chief had already seen, Psycho. I later figured out that he was leaning on that 2x4 not as a comfort asset either.

Now if you're familiar with that movie, you know that everytime Tony Perkins whacks someone, there is this piercing music score that just goes along with Knife being used in the scene.

Well Chief picked his moment well - the Detective was climbing the stairs and you Just Know he's gonna get an ass full of knife when he gets to the top of the stairs.

Now I'm already sitting right on the edge of my chair. Any closer to the edge and I fall on my ass. OOOOOHHHH, Here It Comes.

Sure enough, right as that poor bastards foot hits the top of the stairs, Norman Bates comes flying out with that big ass knife and the music hits that, Whoop! Whoop! Whoop!.........

And Chief SLAMS THAT 2X4 DOWN ON THE ARMS OF THE CHAIR and SCREAMS!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grape Nehi Soda goes one way. Fritos go the other. I go Straight the hell up and levitate there for a few seconds while me feet are moving, cartoon like for an, "Exit Stage Right" move!!

When I hit the ground I looked at Chief and he wasn't laughing.

WTF????? He's got this, "Holy Shit"!! look on his face and THEN HE STARTS LAUGHING. Like a friggin' crazy man.

My hair was standing straight up in the air!!! It looked like a special effect from a movie. Straight up and waving around like wheat in the breeze.
It stayed that way for about 5 minutes too. I was even laughing after he dragged me into the bathroom to see it.

Unreal. Never seen anything like it since.

If I'd have had some kind of undiagnosed heart condition, that would have been the end of me right then and there.

Fortunately, that wasn't the case as I can still laugh about it.

Do something like that today and I'm dead as hell. No way I could take that twice. That would be the stress test from hell for someone my age.

But it's good to be able to laugh about this crazy stuff now. That's the stuff you remember and I guess that's what makes it good.

Gratuitous Picture for the Day -
Lee Marvin, just being his Bad Ass Self.