Friday, April 10, 2009

So, How's That HoopHouse Working Out ??????
Glad you asked! So far so good.

The Lettuce mix that I seeded for the wife has taken off like crazy. I need to start thinning it out and making salads.



That's some Spinach going on the right side.

I had to reseed most of the stuff I put in. I tried using some REAL old seeds I had stashed.

I hadn't stored them properly and it showed when nothing germinated.
I was curious if they'd be any good. Now I know.

Think those Maters like it in there?



The Wal-oWaters are about 14" high. So you can see that this Mater likes it a lot in the HoopHouse.

Since this is a new experience for me, this year is a basic learning thing.

Next year I should be able to get things going in a more systematic manner and be a bit more productive.

The plants I have outside already in the W-o-W's are not growing a hole lot, but look pretty good considering how cold it's been.

A couple of Cabbage that did germinate from the old forgotten seeds.

That's Spinach growing alongside them. I eat the hell out of fresh Spinach.

The ability to grow cold tolerant greens is going to be good.

I'm curious to see how far into the winter I can keep the salad stuff going.
There's a lot to learn yet. I'm going to have to figure out some sort of organization, which happens to be one of my weaknesses, so we'll see how that works out.

I replanted the Peas outside yesterday and put out some Onions.

Not seeing any growth on the Taters yet, but it's been cold as heck since I planted them.

I'm getting Spring Fever bad. I even got the lawn mower out yesterday and cut the weeds in the front yard just for kicks.

Even took the BigBluePlasticMotorcycle out for about 3 hours yesterday.
Need to wash that thing. I don't believe I washed at all last year and it looks it. Was gonna do that today, but it's been raining on and off all day so I cleaned up the garage some more.

Ok, that's the Friday Update. Gratuitous Picture Follows -