Monday, June 22, 2009

Big Night Out .......
Went to Indianapolis tonight to see one of my favorite guitarists, Robin Trower .

I've mentioned him here before as I've been going to see him annually now for the last few years.

Frankly, for a guy 64 years old it's incredible how this guy rocks.
He's always been a monster on the guitar, but he can still flat out squeeze the shit out of a Fender Strat. His energy level and power is amazing.

My Buddy, DrJ and his son went along and the old man and the kid (Who's a pretty good guitarist) all had a good time.

I was majorly shocked when we got down to where we were supposed to have seats - Front Row. Dead Center.
Right directly in front of Trowers' mike and setup.
I owe DrJ a big one. All the years I've been going to concerts, I have never been in the front row. Close, but not front row. Couldn't have been a better night.

It was a good night and a great time. I'll have some pictures in a day or 2. DrJ's kid was the official photographer tonight.

I will also have an extra special bonus for you then. We saw one of the 7 wonders of the world while we were there. I don't want to spoil it so I'll just make you wait for the pictures.

Gratuitous Picture for a Late Monday Night-
For my Dysfunctional Nephew.