Monday, June 29, 2009

The HoopHouse Scores!!!!!
First Tomato Today !!!!!!!!!!!!!



Yeah Baby. YerUnk is stoked about this.

I've never had a ripe Tomato in June before.

This is an old time variety called, German Johnson and not a fast growing hybrid either. These aren't the prettiest looking things, but they do taste good and get pretty decent sized and are about my favorites.

Being able to get things started early in that HoopHouse is gonna be a real plus. Now I'm curious as to how long I can extend the season without any supplemental heat.

I've got a lot to learn on utilizing this thing and I'm wondering if I should be planting Tomatoes in containers and moving them out instead of leaving them in the ground like I did this year.

Probably.

Plant rotation for pest control and all that.

Anyway, just wanted to show off some. I'm gonna go ride the BigBluePlasticMotorcycle for awhile now.

Gratuitous Picture for a Monday Afternoon-
This can't possibly end well.