Monday, November 29, 2010

Now Here's Something I may Just Invest in.......

Every year we can a lot of what comes out of the garden and go through a lot of canning jar lids doing it. This is a product that just makes a lot of sense.

Reusable Canning Jar Lids
Yeah, they are a bit pricey, but they would probably pay for themselves in short order.

I first heard mention of these in a Jackie Clay article early this year and sort of forgot about them, till I stumbled across this excellent Road Test of them at Rural Revolution from July of this year.
Hey, there's even pictures!
Seriously though, this seems like something you may want to look into if you do a lot of canning.

I'd like to buy several dozen to test drive and see for myself but the author at Rural Revolution seems like see has her ducks in a row and probably has more experience than we do so I'll probably order some when I get $$$$ I don't need to spend on something else.

Till then, these will go on the ever growing list of, "Stuff it would make sense to buy when we get the money."

Yes, I really do have a list that is titled exactly that.

Gratuitous Picture for a Monday Night-
This is my, "Not really my Grand Kid but it seems like it", with one of the friendlier Silky Hens.
Cute little shit, isn't she?