Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Lumberjacking Today............

Never to early to start on next years stock. I have to clear out a group of trees that are shading the garden a bit to much and figured today was as good a day as any to get started.

The new chainsaw is a monster.
I'm not & that's for sure.
Being off and sitting on my ass for 8-9 weeks after surgery took my already weakass and pretty much turned me into The Pillsbury Dough Boy.

That saw seemed heavier today than it did a few months ago. So it's a win all around. More Sunlight on the garden, some firewood and my fat, spongy ass gets a much needed workout.
I've got at least 10-15 trees of various sizes that need to go. The plan is to plant some more fruit trees in the area of new Sunshine and a few more Pecan trees further back from things.

Lots of work ahead. It's all good.

Gratuitous Music today instead of Pictures-
It's always good to start with, The Queen of Soul.


Great version from a great movie-


And we gotta have some Sly Stone here today-


One of my all time favorite grooves-


One more from that same album-


What the hell. Gratuitous Picture Anyway-