Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Tuesday Evening Update.....
Things have been kinda slow around here as of late and I apologize to all 3 of ya for that. Holidays, etc, blah, blah, blah.

Took the little Blue Truck into the shop today to figure out just WTF was causing this weird noise and vibration. I had another mechanic look at it a week ago and he told me he couldn't figure out what I was talking about.
I knew something was wrong with it and was starting to obsess over it. Odd noises/vibrations like that are never good and all I could think of was being stranded on the side of the road at 1 am in a snowstorm.

Been there once before and didn't much care for it so I was determined to get this sorted out.
As luck would have it, the mechanic, (Who's hearing is a lot better than mine) drove it about 6 blocks and determined that a U Joint was going bad.

Good news indeed. Solved the mystery of WTF was the source of the vibration, U Joints are a cheap fix and it made me feel better in that I KNEW something was not right.

So we got that fixed along with an oil change, etc and all is right for now and it didn't cost me a bloody fortune. Good deal. I got the feeling I'm gonna need that extra cash in the near future.

Not that the Federal Reserve Notes are likely to be worth anything if something doesn't change big time pretty damn soon.

Which reminds me of something I saw today at Western Rifle Shooters.
This nice chart from Karl Denninger at Market Ticker-


Denninger is a whole lot smarter than me and he's been spot on with things financial since before the implosion began.

Meaning, he seems to have his shit together and know WTF he's talking about.
So you may just want to start following what he has to say about things and do whatever it is with that knowledge that seems appropriate to you.

Right after I read the Denninger article, I needed a bit of levity to help balance things out so I went over to Hope and Change Cartoons because I haven't been there for a few days to find this-



(click to embigginate cartoon)

"The first big news story of 2011 is that Baby Boomers are turning 65 and will be added to the rolls of Medicare...at the rate of 10,000 per day, every day, for the next 19 years."

Oh shit. 10,000 a day.
What kinda strain is that gonna add to an already, "No Fucking Way Can This Keep Up Now" economy?

Now this is just a WAG (Wild Ass Guess) but I gotta think that there is no way in Hell that there's any damn way that we can continue on the present course of spending as we currently are.

Feel free to correct me about this if you can as I'd like to not think that we are all boned. Even if the mathematics say we are.