Thursday, September 15, 2011

Damn, It's cold outside............

At 6:30 in the evening the thermometer says it's not even 60 degrees out there.
That ain't normal here in Southern Indiana in the middle of September.

I blame Al Gore. Mother Ghia is punishing us all for not feeding his ass into a wood chipper for compost.
I guess it make sense that the weather would be odd. Al and his friends at the Climate Reality Project had some sort of gig yesterday called, 24 hours of reality that was.......... Well, I don't really know for sure WTF it was about. I'm fairly certain it was important though.

I do know Al and his friends thought it was important enough to sucker, I mean SOLICIT folks into allowing then access to Facebook accounts.

I missed the whole thing and feel pretty good about it too.

I picked the last of the 2nd planting of Green Beans today. Enough to can 8-10 more quarts.
With the unseasonably cool weather we've had for the last week or so, I'm not holding out much hope of getting anything from Planting #3. They are blossomed out nicely, but just seem to have stalled on growth.
Oh well. They got planted late and were sort of a crap shoot anyway.
Does seem strange that it has been so cold here lately.

Ya don't think that Al Gore and all his followers just got it backwards and we're heading into a cold period do ya?

Gratuitous Picture for a Thursday Evening-