Thursday, June 28, 2007

Rainy Day Motorcycle Ride ..............

I rode the BigBluePlasticMotorcycle into town today for my Doctor appointment. Like I said earlier, I've been using the bike for my basic mode of transportation for the last month and I just quit worrying to much if it's gonna rain or not.


Well, after I sat around in the waiting area for 45 minutes or so, I got in to see the Doc. He tells me that since the medicine didn't work at getting the Funk that's growing on my ear fixed up, he wants to "Remove it". In other words - Hack it out.


This is not a big surprise or anything, so some time next month he's gonna whack on my ear and take this Cancerous crap off.

OK. My only concern was - Am I gonna look like this?



Just wondering, ya know. That would be such a hassle.

He said since I wasn't doing the surgery myself, it would probably be a bit neater than Vincents'. He also said he could install a bolt in my head to hang my glasses onto. So that's cool.

When I left the place the sky was looking really funky, so I put my rain jacket on, just in case. Lucky I did.

Rained like crazy. Not a big deal, mind you. But it got me to thinking about all the years I rode around without any rain gear.

None. Zip. Nada. Just got wet.

It amazes me that for a couple of decades I just got wet when it rained. Why didn't I spend 20 or 30 bucks on a cheap rain suit? Beats the hell out of me. It wasn't like I couldn't have found a few bucks for a rain suit. Just never did.

Sometimes, we'd take a plastic garbage bag and cut a couple holes in it and that would help some. Till the wind ripped it to pieces. But mostly? We just sucked it up and kept riding. Just seemed like the thing to do.

I was laughing about this as I rode home in the downpour. Even with only part of the rain gear, I wasn't uncomfortable. Just a good helmet and jacket make a world of difference. I have no idea why I never had any rain gear when I was younger.

Friggin' Moron.