Friday, August 03, 2007

Maintenance and Upgrade Work on the Concours......
I recently made a policy decision to keep TheBigBluePlasticMotorcycle for at least another couple of years. It just doesn't make sense to go out and buy something else when this one is paid for and still in good shape.

Plus, I really like this bike.


So I decided to do a bit of needed maintenance and upgrade a few things. If you're a Connie owner and need parts or accessories, the first place you go is MURPH'S.
Here's a partial list of things I purchased.

1) New EBC Rotors for the front.
2) EBC Brake Pads all around.
3) Stainless Steel brake lines by Spiegler for the front.
4) Lowering kit for the footpegs
5) And new tires front and back from Motorcycle Accessory Warehouse.

I also purchased one of these little gems from the local auto parts store -




This is the Mityvac set up. $30.00 and money well spent when it comes to bleeding your brakes. I can't believe how well this thing works. I had all 3 Calipers bled in about 30 minutes. Absolutely astounding.

All I can say is, if you've gotta do brakes just spend the money and buy one. You won't be disappointed.

Everything is installed and working well. The brakes are gonna be a way big improvement and the lowering set for the footpegs really helps with the overall comfort. Who would'a thought 1 1/2" could make that big a difference?

I'm looking at a new seat and some highway pegs for it next. All it takes is Money!

Hopefully, I can get a few days off to go do some roadwork now.