Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Interesting Wednesday .....
Greetings Minions.

Lots happening out there in the world.
The Weird and the Wonderful.

Uncle reminds me of a story I saw a week or so ago that you may find interesting -
Gangs Blamed for 80 Percent of U.S. Crimes

He notes this interesting stat -
"So, 0.3125% of the population is responsible for 80% of crimes?" Makes you wonder why they need all those gun laws regulating the law abiding.

Tam says to watch out for ""Face eating Monkeys

Ol' Remus Quotes our first President -

"When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

And notes - "
No wonder George Washington reproaches us with his steady, accusatory stare, in his day this was the prevailing opinion at the very top". Good stuff.

David Codrea has some scary rumors on an Import Ammo Ban. This would piss me off bad. Let's hope it's just a rumor.

Today around the Shack here .. Saw the Doc again this morning. Bah, I'm getting tired of dealing with Doctors.

Started gathering all the materials for the Hoop House into the garden area today. The weather is not to nice so I didn't get a hell of a lot done.
Here's a nice picture of what I'm talking about when I say, Hoop house -



This picture is from somebody called One Straw. Pretty well sums up what I have in mind. I plan on 2 large vents and a door at each end But that gives you the basic idea.

I drew up some nice sketches & plans and immediately scrapped them and started winging it today. Didn't get much dome as the rain drove me inside and here I am.
Wish me luck. These projects can take on a life of their own.

And just because I needed some cool here today -