Friday, August 14, 2009

Busy in the Kitchen .....
The Queen and I have been busy this week canning. The Tomatoes continue to pour in.

She made Pear Jam today. First time and it's right tasty.

Picked the first Beans this afternoon.

I'm sure this is gonna be the first of many.

There's a ton of them out there.

These are bush beans here.

I picked some Kentucky Wonder Pole Beans and took them over to the neighbor kids. Along with some Taters, Maters and a few Onions.

I started pulling the straw off the Tater beds today. Got 2 of 3 done and there are a bunch of Taters to dig.

I made a storage place out in the barn for them last week out of concrete block, some scrap materials and Styrofoam insulation board I had stashed. Hopefully it'll keep them cool and stored nicely. As long as the Global Warming we've had doesn't continue and we get a prolonged sub-zero freeze it should work out well.

We'll see.

I tossed the drive belt off the mower the other day. That pissed me off as it's a 3 handed job to get it back on. I called one of the boys I work with and he made a 20 mile trip over just to help me. Took all of about 3 minutes to fix with his help.

True Friends are good to have and I'm damn lucky.

A round of applause for, The Kid!

Thanks, K. Couldn't have done it without ya.

Gratuitous Picture for a Friday Evening-


Yeah. I'm gonna keep pounding on this shit.